Can I dispute a parking ticket?

To dispute a parking ticket, you must submit a parking ticket appeal. If you are appealing a parking ticket, you do NOT need make a payment at this time – payment will not be required until your appeal is resolved. You may submit a parking ticket appeal in one of three ways:

  1. Online by using the online parking ticket appeal form. After clicking the link, look up your ticket by either entering the ticket number or by entering your license plate number. Then click the "Appeal" button for the ticket that you want to dispute.
  2. In person by completing a written appeal form at the Legal Department (City Hall, 2nd floor).
  3. By mailing a letter explaining why you believe you should not have received the ticket. In your letter, be sure to include your ticket number, license plate number, phone number, and return address or email address. Mail your letter to:

Town of Normal
ATTN: Parking Ticket Appeals
11 Uptown Circle, 2nd Floor
Normal, IL 61761

You will receive an email or written response to the address you provide on your appeal form. It can take up to two weeks for your appeal to be reviewed and for a decision to be made. The amount of the ticket will not increase until the appeal is resolved.

If the ticket is found to be valid, you will have seven days from the date of the decision to pay the ticket before late fees are added on. If your appeal is granted, the ticket will be voided.

If you request an email notification, please be aware that it may be delivered to your spam folder. 

If you have questions, please call the Legal Department at (309) 454-9507 or complete the Parking Ticket Question Form.

Show All Answers

1. How do I obtain a copy of a police report?
2. How do I pay for an ordinance violation?
3. Can I dispute an ordinance violation?
4. How can I get a copy of an accident report?
5. How do I reclaim a vehicle that was towed after an arrest?
6. Why was my vehicle towed?
7. How do I contact an officer or detective at the Police Department?
8. How do I check the status of my case?
9. How do I retrieve property seized by the Police Department?
10. How do I bail someone out of jail?
11. How can I obtain an Order of Protection?
12. How do I get a copy of my criminal history?
13. Where do I pay for a traffic ticket?
14. Where do I pay for a parking ticket?
15. Can I dispute a parking ticket?
16. How do I apply for a job with the Normal Police Department?