- Elected on April 4, 2017
- Current term: 2021-2025
Technology Analyst at State Farm Ins. Cos.
Quick Facts about Chemberly
- Earned a Bachelor of Arts, Political Science from Central State University, Wilberforce, Ohio
- Is a member of the following: Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Bloomington-Normal NAACP and League of Women Voters
Additional Accomplishments: 2018 Class of Illinois Women’s Institute for Leadership. 2019 Edgar Fellow
Boards, Committees, Volunteerism
- Junior Achievement
- For A Better Tomorrow Advisory Council
- Mid Central Community Action Board of Directors
- National League of Cities REAL Council
- National League of Cities Youth Education and Families Council
- National Black Caucus of Local Elected Officials
- National League of Cities Federal Advocacy Committee on Community and Economic Development
- National League of Cities University Communities Council
- Planned Parenthood Illinois Action Board
- St. Jude Ambassador
- Women in Government
- Youth on a Mission Sponsor
- Crafts and anything related to the arts
- Baking and cooking
Why were you interested in becoming a Council Member?
It is my calling, duty and obligation to serve others. Life is most fulfilled when we serve someone other than ourselves.