- Parking Tickets
Making a PaymentThere are two payment options:
- Pay online with a credit or debit card using the Town’s online parking ticket payment system; or
- Pay in person at the Finance Department. Cash, check, or credit/debit cards are accepted. The Finance Department is located on the 3rd floor of City Hall (11 Uptown Circle) and is open Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The amount of the fine is identified on the parking ticket. Fines vary depending on the violation and whether late fees have accrued. If a parking ticket is not paid within seven days of its issuance, a late fee of $10 is added to the fine.
Disputing a Parking TicketTo dispute a parking ticket, you must submit a parking ticket appeal. If you are appealing a parking ticket, you do NOT need make a payment at this time – payment will not be required until your appeal is resolved. You may submit a parking ticket appeal in one of three ways:
- Online by using the online parking ticket appeal form. After clicking the link, look up your ticket by either entering the ticket number or by entering your license plate number. Then click the "Appeal" button for the ticket that you want to dispute.
- In person by completing a written appeal form at the Legal Department (City Hall, 2nd floor).
- By mailing a letter explaining why you believe you should not have received the ticket. In your letter, be sure to include your ticket number, license plate number, phone number, and return address or email address. Mail your letter to:
Town of Normal
ATTN: Parking Ticket Appeals
11 Uptown Circle, 2nd Floor
Normal, IL 61761
You will receive an email or written response to the address you provide on your appeal form. It can take up to two weeks for your appeal to be reviewed and for a decision to be made. The amount of the ticket will not increase until the appeal is resolved.
If the ticket is found to be valid, you will have seven days from the date of the decision to pay the ticket before late fees are added on. If your appeal is granted, the ticket will be voided.If you request an email notification, please be aware that it may be delivered to your spam folder.