In 2011, 2014 and 2017 the Department was recognized as a Meritorious Agency for achieving and maintaining CALEA Accreditation for 15 or more continuous years. The department received the CALEA Accreditation with Excellence Award in 2014 and 2017. The Excellence Award is given by the commission to those agencies that underwent reaccreditation through the Gold Standard Assessment model and who most embody the effective use of accreditation as a model to deliver enhanced public safety services and management professionalism.
Accreditation is an award that symbolizes professionalism, excellence and competence. For more information, contact Jessica Ryan at (309) 454-9532.
Anyone wishing to provide comments regarding our agency's compliance with CALEA standards, engagement in the service community, delivery of public safety services, and overall candidacy for accredited status, may provide comments to CALEA through the following Public Comment Portal.
These comments can be in the form of commendations or concerns. The overall intent of the accreditation process is to provide our agency with information to support continuous improvement, as well as foster the pursuit of professional excellence.
IMPORTANT: CALEA is not an investigatory body and subsequently the public portal should not be used to submit information for such purposes. Additionally, there will be no response other than acknowledgment of submissions; however, the information will be considered in context to its relevancy to compliance with standards and the tenets of CALEA® Accreditation.
- Assists in agency's pursuit of excellence
- Comprehensive, well though-out written directives
- Improved relationship with the community
- Limit liability and risk exposure @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Preparedness program in place
- Reports and analysis to make informed management decisions
- strengthen agency's accountability @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>