- Engineering & Public Works
Engineering & Public Works
Engineering & Public Works directs, implements, monitors the planning, design, contracting and inspecting of all public works and private development projects for and within the Town of Normal. Public Works crews also provide a range of maintenance and operating services throughout the Town.
Engineers assure public improvements meet Town Code. The Engineering team makes recommendations regarding access, traffic management and public utility installations. Construction plans for subdivisions are reviewed and approved by Engineering. All public improvements are supervised, inspected, and approved by Engineering staff prior to acceptance by the Council.
Public Works crews provide many infrastructure and environmental services in the community:
- Curbside Collections – Weekly collection of household waste, recycling, bulky solid waste, brush and landscape waste (seasonal). Click to order a garbage, recycling and Landscape Waste Cart.
- Fleet Maintenance - Routine maintenance and repair of the Town’s vehicle fleet and all major specialized units of equipment.
- Street Maintenance – Maintenance, repair, snow removal, ice control, street sweeping and street striping. This division also provides vacuum leaf collection each fall.
- Sewer Maintenance – Maintenance of all public storm and sanitary sewers, manholes and pump stations.